To Entertain, Educate, and Elevate!
The mission of SummerStage is to provide unique ways to present performing and visual arts experiences, arts educational experiences as well as unique community outreach programs. This will be accomplished by using multiple venues throughout the calendar year.
The Summerstage Theater venue is an outdoor facility to be used for cultural, educational, and community outreach purposes. The current setup includes a stage in a natural amphitheater setting just off one of the hiking trails in the Lapham Peak Unit of the Kettler Moraine State Forest, which is located in the town of Delafield, Wisconsin. SummerStage of Delafield is a non-profit 501-c3 organization. Uses of the SummerStage venue may include:
- Performances by youth, community and professional theatrical, musical and arts groups
- Performing Arts Workshops for youth
- Friends of Lapham Peak functions
- Division of Natural Resources functions
- scouting functions
- school outdoor functions
- Rental of the venue to interested outside groups
The purpose of the SummerStage board of directors is to:
- Provide donation activities including holding fundraising events, capital campaign program(s), etc. in order to provide for venue enhancements as well as provide for maintenance and upkeep of our offices and venues.
- Solicit grants and sponsorships for the purpose of providing venue enhancements and to help produce SummerStage events and to help promote the venue
- Provide marketing activities in order to promote SummerStage as a vehicle for performance groups in the immediate geographical area and the state of Wisconsin
- Bring performing arts enthusiasts to the lake country area for the purpose of supporting area businesses